How to Select the Perfect Clothes for Your Body Shape
Have you ever bought a shirt that looked perfect in the store window but looked awful on you? Well, your body is not to blame. Know that there is nothing wrong with your body; you just don’t dress according to your specific body shape. Don’t fret, because we have gathered some tips for you which will make the clothes you like flatter your body shape.
An apple-shaped body
• With an apple shaped body, you should focus on wearing clothes that divert attention away from your waist and mid-section. You should wear tops that cover the entire waist section and go below your bottom. Moreover, garments such as wrap dresses, A-line dresses and empire waist dresses with V-necks will work wonders for you.
• Avoid jackets which are double breasted and have clingy silhouettes. Opt for tops that are layered.
• Do not go for straight pants or skinny jeans if you are heavy from the top. Go for boot cut or flared pants which have back pockets.
• To minimize your waist and create curves wear the belt just below the bust instead of around it.
A pear-shaped body
• To balance your figure, use colorful necklaces, scarves, and pashminas to highlight your shoulders.
• Opt for shirts which have puff or cap sleeves as they will make your shoulders look broader and choose dresses which are patterned.
• Flared and tailored pants are more suitable for this body shape as compared to pencil skirts and tight pants.
• Choose solid, dark colors for the lower body and bright and lighter colored tops for the upper half.